Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Because I Was Talking About Pepitas on Facebook...

I'm one of those. I always have been. Sharing with friends, family, & sometimes complete strangers what I have had for breakfast...or what I am going to have for dinner. Because I haven't just had oatmeal...I had a warm bowl of fresh oatmeal lightly sweetened with agave, a hint of cinnamon, tart cherries, golden raisins, chopped walnuts & pepitas.

Which is why you find me here. This was my Facebook status a few days ago from whence a couple of questions from friends were sparked..."what is pepitas," "where do you find them,"...& these questions made me happy. Because I know pepitas. And I want to tell my friends about them. Strange little passion of mine this is...but it is mine...& so I will pursue it.

Pepita: The small green seed from inside the white hull of a pumpkin seed. A good source of protein, iron, essential minerals & omega 3. Eat it raw or toasted in oatmeal, in a salad, mixed with granola, or even added to a sweet or savory salsa for fish or chicken. You can usually find them in the bulk section of whole food markets which makes buying a quantity you need easy. Keep them in the freezer for freshness.

I have so many foodie facts & ideas I want to share with you. I hope you will join me on this delightful little journey of mine!

Bon Appetit,

Cenee'

No comments:

Post a Comment