Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year of Healthy Choices...

I trust you are all having a Happy New Year thus far...cannot believe that we are already 11 days in to 2010 (I say that twenty-ten, by the way).

I started mine with a good ol' fashioned rhinovirus! Fortunately, it has been a long time since I have endured said virus. I forgot just how fun it could be!! I offer up thanks for new things like tissues with lotion, day versus night cold meds, fuzzy chenille socks and EmergenC but more importantly juicy oranges, hot green tea with mint, and soothing warm chicken noodle soup.

Today was the first day that I have felt relatively normal. I spent most of the morning attacking all my surfaces with disinfectant, washing bed linens, and tidying up in general. Amazing how out of sorts things can get when you're not doing anything but lying around trying to breathe...this must be one of Murphy's Laws...or maybe just one of Mother's Laws!

I decided that just for extra good measure, I would pack my lunch full of immune boosting goodness. This delicious salad featuring a good dose of vitamin C and a bit of Omega-3 is what brought a smile to my face.

Roasted Chicken, Grapefruit & Arugala Salad
2 servings

2 oz oven roasted chicken, rough chopped
1 Ruby Red grapefruit, segmented
1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
6 oz arugala
Feta cheese

Dressing:
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
cracked black pepper
fine sea salt

Combine dressing ingredients & whisk together. Combine all salad ingredients, except for Feta, in a large bowl. Toss well with dressing. Divide onto two plates & sprinkle with small amount of Feta cheese. Enjoy all that juicy goodness while your immune system rejoices!

Bon Appetit,

Cenee'

No comments:

Post a Comment